Social Media and Marketing Intern
The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
You will be working alongside the Founder, Executive Director and the Board Members to help grow the company. A full time salaried position may available in the future.
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing the company’s content-related assets. Google’s #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves the searchers needs the best). It’s clear then that managing content should be part of the Social Media Manager’s Job Description.
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online review building).
- Implement a regular publishing schedule.
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
Specific titles and/or duties for this position may also include:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Community Manager
The Social Media Manager should always be learning, as it’s a crucial component to their success. Social and digital marketing best practices shift constantly, so staying up to date is critical.
- The position is unpaid because we are a nonprofit.
- You will be working alongside the Founder, Executive Director and the Board Members to help grow the company.
- Hourly wage will be available in the coming months
- A full time salaried position may available in the future.
- Any hours contributed can be deducted from employees taxes.
The listing will be taken down when the position has been filled.