Job Development Intern (Remote)
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: This intern position will support both the Economic Empowerment team and Employment program. The position assists in addressing the unique barriers faced by refugees and immigrants seeking employment. Duties will include connecting clients with appropriate resources to secure early employment and establish self-sufficiency.
- Coordinate across multiple databases and trackers to ensure client applications are followed-up on and clients are referred to employers
- Meet with clients 1-on-1 to prepare them for interviews through resume preparation and interview practice
- Working under the Job Developer, coordinate interviews and hiring events with employers
- Conduct targeted research and outreach to applicable Sacramento area employers
- Update staff and multiple trackers with new employment opportunities for clients
- Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Digital fluency with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Windows, and other online platforms
- Experience with a detail-oriented field of work
- Education: H/S diploma required
- Experience teaching, mentoring or training
This internship reports to the Job Developer.
- This is an unpaid internship requiring a minimum of 240 hours to be completed during business hours 9a-5p, M-F.
- Work-related driving is eligible for reimbursement at the charitable mileage rate.
- Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than 2 years post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation are available if the student submits the appropriate paperwork to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator.
Complete an online application at https://rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer/. Please submit a cover letter (including desired position, availability and motivation for applying) and resume in one PDF file, applications lacking one or both of these will be considered incomplete. All volunteer and internship are part-time, unpaid positions. If your school requires any documentation or agreement for a volunteer or internship position, please reach out to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator at email@example.com prior to the phone screening.
IRC leading the way From Harm to Home.