eLearning Content Developer and Trainer
Deadline to apply: August 17, 2020
Salary: $34.16 - $47.48 hourly
You believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their jobs and careers. You support and help nurture the capacities and potential of others by creating intuitive content that simplifies learning and personal development. Your ability to lead with emotional intelligence allows you to adeptly work to understand multiple, varying interests and stakeholders while developing trust along the way.
As a key member of the Training and Development team, our Training and Development Program Specialist will lead the development of eLearning and blended learning materials and courses for Metro’s various business organizations. As a key business partner, this role will cultivate and develop stakeholder relationships, ensuring the content that’s produced meets outlined deliverables and service expectations.
What you will do
In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with departmental directors, managers and the greater Human Resources team to help design, develop and deliver innovative and creative learning solutions (web-based training, technical training videos, guides, etc.) utilizing a variety of methods and eLearning authoring tools. Specifically, in this role you will:
- Develop creative, adult learner-centered, performance-based (behavior based) training modules, AICC and SCORM 2004 compliant, utilizing industry standard software authoring programs for content development.
- Implement developed content through Metro’s Learning Management System (LMS); PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management (ELM). Implementation of content includes user interface design and testing.
- Document course specifications, style guides, and development choices on eLearning projects for future reference, working closely with the communications department for guidance in branding.
- Provide quality assurance testing on established and developed course material.
- Develop content for in-person and virtual training sessions to include course outlines, presentation materials and evaluation content.
- Conduct live in-person and virtual training sessions through various webcasting service providers.
- Partner with key stakeholders to design, develop and deliver strategic learning offerings.
- Partner with internal and external customers over multiple departments and business lines.
- Analyze various data collected through LMS.
- Troubleshoot eLearning modules and LMS platform issues; respond to shared help desk emails/inquiries.
Education and Experience:
- 3 or more years of progressive experience in online content and training development that are AICC or SCORM 2004 compliant AND
- A Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field; or either, a related advanced degree or professional certification; OR
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
- 3+ years of direct experience developing on line content via Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate.
Visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer