Utilization Management Worker (Children's Services)
Children's Services Worker - Utilization Management Worker (2325-12)
Deadline to apply: September 21, 2020
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Work Hours: Full Time – 80 hours biweekly
Starting Salary: $18.17 hourly
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: "Offenses that May Disqualify Candidates for Employment." Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Master's degree in Social Work (or Human Services related); or Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or Human Services related), plus six (6) months paid relevant experience; or a Bachelor's degree in Social Work and successful completion of a field placement at a public children's services agency (PCSA). Must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the state of residency. NOTE: Must have the use of an insured automobile. A criminal records check conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and the FBI is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of: public relations; human relations; office practices and procedures; agency policies and procedures; government structure and process*; counseling; interviewing; social sciences (psychology, sociology, social work or related field; case management; child welfare practices and procedures.
Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; understand manuals and verbal instructions technical in nature; gather, collate and classify information about data, people or things; prepare meaningful concise, and accurate reports; handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with officials and general public; work cooperatively with other staff and supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FACTORS:
Must undergo a background check via the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI). Must have a car, valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency and required auto liability insurance.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Job Duties (Summary):
- Acts as liaison worker between HCJFS casework staff, MHRS, the Mental Health and Recovery Services board, Juvenile Justice, and service providers; accept and process referrals from caseworkers for therapeutic placement services; assesses consumer service needs (LOC, intensity & duration). Conduct utilization management for all traditional foster and therapeutic placement services and any other services associated with that therapeutic case; conduct utilization management for behavior health services; coordinate the development and review of treatment plans; assess any associated consumer for continued need, continued stay and discharge planning for all therapeutic placements and community based behavioral health services; document service management activities in the on-line clinical record (MCP); clear foster homes through Clerk of Courts and SACWIS; report any criminal activity or children service involvement to a manager; contain out of home care expenditures below targeted budget.
- Supports JFS case planning and family goal attainment and communicate and coordinate care management activities with caseworker, other care management entities, and service providers to ensure consistency with case planning; coordinates transition planning with case workers, MHB and DD; participates in family conferences, disruption conferences, treatment meetings, visit facilities, work with GAL and Pro Kids staff; completes any of a wide range of field work assignments as circumstances warrant; assists in monitoring overall expenditures of contracted services; assists in collecting, analyzing and reporting monthly and quarterly utilization trend data; participates in providing emergency coverage and crisis intervention; meets in unit supervision and individually with supervisor weekly.
- Completes paperwork, reports, statistics, etc. as required, including dictation, on-line referral assessment, and tracking documents; promptly complete and flow referrals; completes with timeliness and accuracy all required payment authorizations through SACWIS and MCP; completes errors and payment request when necessary.
- Convenes targeted clinical case reviews for complex cases based on data management or as requested by JFS Management; conducts reviews of service over utilization, reviews will include case conferences, on site interviews of staff and consumers in collaboration with JFS casework staff, Behavioral Health staff and Management Staff to determine existence of service over utilization and facilitate discharge and transitions from services as appropriate; conducts, discharge and retrospective reviews to inform continued process improvement, need for continued stay, quality and outcomes for the child welfare population.
- Attends necessary approved training as required.
- Performs other casework related duties as assigned.