Campaign Aide - U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Aide Internship
Democratic candidate for United States Congress seeks campaign aides for the Fall 2020 campaign season.
The ideal candidate will be committed to affecting change in Idaho, have interest in performing the duties of a field program, is goal orientated and eager to learn, make phone calls, and recruit and assist volunteers.
The Campaign Aide Intern will be partially responsible for co-executing the field plan in both the primary election (March 1 through May 15). The Campaign Aide Intern’s primary responsibility will be to assist senior staff with essential duties performed on the campaign. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage, recruit and retain volunteers, ensure their environment is welcoming and they are set up for success
· Place phone calls into targeted voting districts, conducting political surveys
· Learn the voter database known as VAN (Votebuilder)
· Attend and staff events across the region on behalf of the campaign (adhering to health guidelines)
· Assist in turnout efforts for campaign events
· Assist with opponent and policy research
· Build and maintain positive relationships with supportive Democrats, progressive organizations and community leaders
· Other duties as needed
· Positive attitude and work ethic
· Computer proficient: GSuite, Excel, database systems, and internet research resources
· High levels of organization and task management
· Verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to make cold calls
There is no direct compensation for the internships, however this internship can be completed for credit.
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity please contact Jessi Boyer, Campaign Manager at Swisher for Idaho: firstname.lastname@example.org