Transfer Student Caller
Admissions Transfer Student Caller
Do you love higher education and have a desire to encourage others to enroll at Boise State? Admissions needs a dedicated transfer student caller who is excited about the opportunity to share their transfer experience and chat with prospective transfer Broncos.
· Contact prospective transfer students to help them with the application and transfer process
· Invite, remind and RSVP students for upcoming admissions events (i.e. Discover, Bronco Day, etc.)
· Remind students about missing admissions materials and deadlines
· Use your transfer experience to help communicate with prospective transfer students
· Log calls using an online database
· Take information requests over the phone
· Have the desire to go above and beyond to answer any questions received
· Other duties as assigned
· Student who has transferred to Boise State
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service for each student
· Independent worker
· Stays on task
· Takes initiative
· Not afraid to ask questions when the answer is unknown
· The capacity to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· All undergraduate majors welcome
· Spanish speaking preferred
· Not required to have work study, but work study is accepted
This is currently a remote position for the Fall 2020 semester. You will be provided with Boise State equipment to place calls. Student callers for Boise State Admissions will be trained to use an online system to log their calls. Students must have excellent conversation and customer service skills and be comfortable talking on the phone. Familiarity with a computer and the internet are required. The student caller will be expected to have a designated semi-private space with high speed internet to work.
Hours: 10-12 hours per week (flexible schedule)
Please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest including your class year status and your major. Please also include your phone number and e-mail to set up an interview.