International Division Intern
John Snow, Inc., a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for two part-time interns for its International Division. The intern will work closely with staff to provide administrative, financial, and program support for JSI's overseas public health projects in Latin America, Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, and/or the Middle East. The interns will work remotely.
The Intern will work closely with Boston International Division staff to provide administrative and financial support to international donor funded health projects. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing administrative support for field activities;
- Processing monthly financial reports;
- Procuring supplies as needed by overseas projects;
- Working with staff to identify, recruit and field consultants for project assignments;
- Providing support to the project team for technical assistance visits, and contract monitoring;
- Assisting in the preparation and coordinating receipt and review of project reports;
- Carrying out other relevant tasks as necessary.
Work as part of a team in the preparation of proposals for new projects.
In addition to project support and proposal tasks, perform activities to maintain and improve the overall functioning of the International Division.
- BA/BS or Masters degree in progress
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Interest in learning about public health issues
- Experience living/working in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work effectively remotely