Digital Content Associate, Match Export
About Match Education and Match Export
Match Education (www.matcheducation.org) is the shared brand name of Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®. Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate a high-performing K-12 public charter school in Boston and a graduate school of education that trains teachers to work in high-need schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform.
Match Export is a division of Match Education that focuses on sharing best practices and lessons learned. Match Export seeks to scale Match’s impact by broadly sharing our knowledge base with educators and policymakers across the country through innovative, engaging, interactive products. Our products include:
- Match Fishtank (www.matchfishtank.org), an open source free curriculum website that shares the instructional materials we use in our schools. We recently launched Fishtank Plus, a subscription-based product that is a companion to our free curriculum, which provides additional resources that support implementation of the Fishtank curriculum.
- Match Minis (www.matchminis.org) is a free web-library of 3-to-5 minute animated videos that share what we have learned about teaching and teacher training.
- Match Schoolhouse (www.matchschoolhouse.org), a collection of fee-based online professional development courses for teachers presented in an innovative digital format.
Overview of Role
Match Export is seeking a full-time Digital Content Associate who will support the launch of Fishtank and Fishtank Plus products for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a temporary position for approximately three to six months.
The Digital Content Associate will support the digitization of Fishtank curriculum and resources, with an emphasis on Mathematics, for grades 3-8. The Digital Content Associate will report directly to our Product Manager and work closely with various members of the Match Export team. This is a remote position, however the Digital Content Associate will attend virtual weekly Match Export team meetings, virtual weekly check-ins with the Product Manager, and other virtual meetings as deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate is interested in education, mathematics, and curriculum development and is a diligent, conscientious worker who is a quick learner. The ideal candidate will also have excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced team of curriculum directors, software engineers and education entrepreneurs in an innovative non-profit that is producing a cutting-edge digital curriculum product.
- Support digitization of curriculum (with emphasis on math) by entering content into our curriculum database
- Adapt existing print math materials (such as Problem Sets, Answer Keys, and Assessments) into digital materials for grades 3-8.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the Fishtank curriculum database to ensure all content is updated for the 2020-2021 school year
- Other related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- College Senior or Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without close supervision
- Able to multitask and to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Receptive to feedback and iteration based on feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Slides
- Experience with Canva or Figma (strongly preferred)
- Commitment to helping Match Fishtank create high-quality curriculum resources
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.