Intern - CPE Lead - Summer 2021
Intern - CPE Lead (Customer-Premises Equipment) - Summer 2021
Date: Oct 8, 2020
Location: WORKS FROM HOME, CA, US WORKS FROM HOME, CO, US DENVER, CO, US, 80202 IRVINE, CA, US, 92612
Company: Lumen Technologies
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Marketing and Product Management organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. This division is responsible for the selling and know the life cycle or CPE, Customer-Premise Equipment. The intern will work on a team that covers the processes of reselling equipment, discounts, contracts, quoting and selling of equipment to Lumen Customers. Equipment providers include Cisco, Adtran, Ciena, Juniper, Mitel, Avaya and may others. The internship can be remote, work from home with the option to go in office in Denver, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Assist with the lumen.com site by comparing site capabilities and structure to competitors.
• Gather information on what the lumen.com site is missing, what additions can be implemented to improve site capabilities. Complete an overall analysis and recommendation to work team on improvement structure.
• Assist with CPEaaS by reviewing financial books, income and expenses of each product by completing a data audit project to help with Revenue tracking. This CPEaaS product allows Lumen to sell Equipment to customers through various payment terms such as 12, 24 and 36 months.
• Improve the data tracking of team’s inventory/expense model to use as repository going forward.
• Build additional resources to protect and grow revenue.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or a similar field.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering junior or senior year at the start of the internship.
• Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred.
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft Suite products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Work or internship experiences related to role is preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
• Good analytical/inquisitive thinking skills a must, with the ability to effectively summarize and communicate conclusions (via oral or written).
• High aptitude in logical thinking. Understanding data from different services.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe (June 1-Aug 13, 2021).
Bachelors or Masters degree with focus in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or other related fields.
Requisition #: 233205
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Information Systems, Social Media, Product Manager, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology, Marketing, Operations