Development and Production Internship
MarVista is seeking an intern interested in the Development & Production field. This internship is available for college credit only. This intern will have the opportunity to work with the Creative Affairs team and gain hands-on experience in the entertainment field by learning the ins and outs of an independent film and television studio.
- Gain an understanding of the daily responsibilities of the Creative Affairs team.
- Assist with submission evaluations via script or book coverage.
- Understand the importance of cultivating and maintaining relationships with writers, directors, and agents/managers.
- Receive exposure to the development process: from pitch to start of production by contributing to administrative and creative tasks related to projects.
- Learn the creative producer’s role during a shoot and during post-production.
- Join in on internal and external meetings.
- Grasp each departments’ role in the filmmaking process: marketing, distribution, operations and more.
Hope this helps! Of course run those by Tony, especially the independent film and television studio part (not sure how we’re choosing to classify ourselves at this time).