Student Administrative Assistant
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a faculty support unit at Boise State that designs and facilitates workshops, programs, and other events that help instructors to adopt or adapt best practices in teaching, learn from colleagues, and reflect upon the choices instructors make as educators. The Mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning is to support, promote, and enhance teaching effectiveness and to facilitate engagement in student learning.
We are currently looking for a reliable, motivated student to help support CTL programming, events, reporting, and services. Because CTL staff are working remotely during the 2020-21 school year, this position will also work remotely. This position will work 10-20 hours per week with some flexibility in scheduling around classes, but a consistent schedule is desired. Summer availability is strongly preferred. Work-study students are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be able to commit to working for the CTL for at least a year. Therefore, we will only consider students who are graduating from Boise State after December 2021.
- Schedule workshop events and manage attendance records using GivePulse event management software
- Download and share Qualtrics survey results with workshop facilitators
- Prepare and distribute CTL communications, such as e-newsletters (sent via MailChimp) and program completion letters and certificates
- Edit and maintain the CTL website using Wordpress
- Support the Mid-Semester Assessment Process (MAP) in weeks 5-9 of the semester including a high volume of data entry, scheduling, and coordination with the MAP facilitator
- Enter, collect, analyze and synthesize data related to CTL programming for reporting purposes
- Monitor the CTL email inbox and respond to other general inquiries
- Schedule meetings, workshops, reminders, and other appointments using Google Calendar
- Assist staff with special projects and events
- Provide back-up support for administrative functions performed by staff and other administrative duties as assigned
- Graduation date must be later than December 2021.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technological skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) and GSuite
- Experience with or ability to learn and manage multiple software programs such as Wordpress, Mailchimp, GivePulse, and Qualtrics is strongly preferred.
- Independent learner and worker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Summer availability is strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must support the mission of the CTL and its efforts to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive teaching environment at Boise State