2021 Internal Audit Summer Analyst Program (Phoenix)
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Summer Analyst Program Overview:
The Third Line of Defense is a key department within MUFG which includes Internal Audit of the Americas and Americas Credit Review. Our mission is influence management to improve the Governance, Risk Management and System of Internal Control across the Bank. We provide independent and objective assurance of the effectiveness of risk management and control practices, acting as a trusted advisor to the Board of Directors, Senior Management and other key stakeholders. We independently assess First and Second Line managements’ ability to effectively identify, measure, monitor, and control risk.
- Innovative – We continuously improve our practices and provide an inspiring environment that engages employees and equips them for success.
- Influential – We challenge ourselves and the way management thinks about and responds to risk.
- Impactful – We deliver results that help management strengthen the Bank’s governance, risk management and internal controls.
We are seeking high achievers that are intellectually curious, enthusiastic, and have a strong work ethic. Individuals that work well in a team-oriented environment and will help drive our business forward.
Experience & Training:
The Third Line internship program takes place over the course of a 10-week period, from June to August. During the 10 weeks, Summer Analysts are placed in one business area, which allows them to quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. The Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in various trainings, roundtables and work assignments that allow them to build their skills and expertise within the department.
Support & Guidance:
The assigned mentor/manager will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer analysts. The summer analyst will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different lines of business and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will get to know the summer analysts over the course of the internship and will see the impact of the work being done. Summer analysts will leave the bank with a better understanding of the Third Line of Defense and it’s overall impact on the organization.
At the end of the program, the opportunity exists to receive an offer for full-time employment upon graduation. This decision will be made based on the performance of the student throughout the summer and department needs.
- Currently a 2021 rising senior; graduating Winter 2021 or Spring 2022
- Strong interest or majoring in Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Computer Science, Economics and Engineering.
- Generally, a GPA of 3.0 and above
- You have excellent academic standing with recommended course work in finance, accounting or economics
- Excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, problem-solving and statistical skills
- You have interpersonal skills and individual initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- You are a standout student who can excel in a challenging environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things
- You have a reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions based on any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions.