eSports Lab Assistant (Work Study Only)
**You must have a work study award through Financial Aid to apply for this job**
The eSports Battleground/Arena Assistant works in Boise State's eSports facility and gives assistance to customers when they need help. Aside from this main task, this assistant also looks after some of the daily operations. Assistants will have opportunities to work in 4 hour blocks between 12 PM and 11 PM 7 Days a week. As traffic increases, lab hours will include morning slots.
Duties to include:
- Assist customers when they have trouble or questions using computer software such as Steam, Battle.net. Riot Launcher, Microsoft Office, Adobe software and all software that is being used in the eSports facility. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Provide services such as encoding, printing, downloading and all other operations provided by the eSports facility.
- Must possess knowledge on popular online and LAN games because he or she will be assisting customers to use it.
- Troubleshoots different kinds of computer programs, hardware and software.
- Provide excellent customer care.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness, including proper cable management, keyboards/mice/headsets are plugged in, etc.
- Keep accurate records of logs and inventories of the shop.
- Cash handling/Operate a credit card machine and add hours to a players account.
Positions open to students with Work Study Grants only - if your work study grant was retracted because you didn't use it, and this job sounds like you, please contact the financial aid office to see if you can get it reinstated.