Research Data Intern
Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is local business. As a Data Research Intern at Canyon Data, you will assist us in creating an authoritative set of commercial real estate data in the Boise Metropolitan area. Under supervision, your daily activities will include assisting in the design and implementation of solutions to retrieving data from a MySQL database, analyzing and creating analytics tools and tables for both internal and external uses, and conducting routine and ad hoc analyses to assess data quality. You will rely on instructions, pre-established training, and guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Below is a list of common tasks that will be engaged with daily.
· Enter, edit, manage, and merge multiple data sources
· Collect, analyze, check sources, and input data
· Coordinate with research partners
· Identifying potential data problems and reporting them to your supervisor
· Collaborate with Data Scientists and Analysts to design, maintain, test, and integrate data pipelines for Real Estate and Business Intelligence
· Conduct routine and ad hoc analyses to assess the data quality, manage data, and review requirements as well as work on innovative features
· Update and maintain internal documentation for technical communication
· Work with Data Research Managers to track and monitor trends in sales and leases
· Respond to data queries
· Independently conducts work complementary to the overall research objectives
· Exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action
Requirements / Desired Qualifications
· Required: Personal Computer, good internet connection
· Experience in SQL, Python, PowerBI, Access or other database management software
· Excellent written and oral communication abilities
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Excellent time management skills
· Able to focus and follow through
· General understanding of Microsoft 365
· Works independently with general supervision
· Experience or knowledge of commercial real estate, architecture, or construction is beneficial but not required
This is a Bronco Corps Internship
What is Bronco Corps -
* The program is designed to connect students to internship opportunities in our community - students are paid for their work by Boise State University rather than the organization or business. This is our commitment to helping our business community overcome challenges due to recent economic uncertainties.
* This internship will run May - Aug 2023.
Are you eligible for this position?
* Must be a current Boise State student, enrolled in classes
* Cannot exceed 29 hours per week (this includes other on-campus employment)
* $15/hour up to 160 hours
More information: https://www.boisestate.edu/cobe/community/bronco-corps/