Student Intern- Communications
Applications are now being accepted for a Student Intern in Communications Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a paid intern position with a wage of $14.00 per hour. This position will remain open until filled.
The Student Intern position is available to full-time students only. Student Interns may work a flexible schedule with a maximum of 24 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during the summer and other school breaks.
· The Student Intern for the Communication department will primarily assist with video production, graphic design and content creation for social and digital media.
· The Student Intern will gain hands on experience while assisting with public involvement, media relations, public relations and outreach and education.
· The Student Intern will occasionally assist with front reception desk coverage.
· The successful candidate must be organized, detail oriented, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and the ability to perform written work.
· Preferred candidates will be working toward a degree in Communications.
· Video production experience is preferred.
· Must have a valid Idaho Driver’s License and be 18 years or older.
· Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and graphic design is helpful.
To apply, a completed Seasonal/Temporary Position Interest Form is required and must be submitted to Human Resources for the selection process. Please list your major, expected graduation date, and any applicable classes you have taken in your application materials. Seasonal/Temporary Interest Forms are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID, or at www.achdidaho.org from the link in the job announcement.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations