Event Planning and Program Internship Hunger Summit 2023
Event Planning and Program
About the Organization
The Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force (the Task Force) envisions that in a state as abundant as Idaho, hunger will not exist. We work to put public and private resources into action statewide to eliminate hunger and provide food security for all Idahoans. The Task Force is a small organization, currently managed by a staff of three, with a big reach that includes a membership of 20 organizations who focus on food security and nutrition. Flexibility and adaptability defines our office culture and promotes our ability to move quickly to develop and deploy innovative programs that address hunger and food insecurity.
What you will learn
The internship with the Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force offers an amazing opportunity to explore and better understand food security efforts in Idaho. The Task Force has several key initiatives for 2022, including expanding our Rx for Fresh Fruits & Vegetables program to Idaho’s most vulnerable populations. Through our numerous statewide and national partnerships, you will have access to many nonprofit organizations, faith groups, companies and state agencies that focus their efforts on food and nutrition access. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to have a better understanding and advance their knowledge in food systems, food security research, food access policy and programs, and nutrition.
About the Role
The primary objective of the Intern is to assist the Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force staff and volunteers with event planning, production, and administration of the 2023 Summit on Hunger and Food Security. Working closely with different team members, and volunteers. Also to help us expand our voice and brand awareness in Idaho and beyond. Food insecurity is a national issue, but you will focus on how to make this more personal and relatable to those in Idaho. We will provide you with training and guidance so that you thoroughly understand our mission, vision, programs and partnerships. Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on the priorities of the Task Force.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Online registration and management
- Process registrations/track registered attendees
- Assist in writing policies related to events
- Completion of continuing education application requested
- Help with sponsorship and fundraising strategy and outreach
These duties are a guideline, they may be changed as necessary, but will still fall within the event planning, production and administration of the 2023 Summit scope of work.
Qualities & Skills
- Passionate about food systems, nutrition, hunger alleviation, nonprofit management, etc.
- Creative, resourceful, reliable with a positive all-hands-on-deck attitude
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Working experience and comfort with Microsoft Office, Google suite and other apps, such as project management technology.
What is Bronco Corp?
This program is designed to connect students to internship opportunities in our community - students are paid for their work by Boise State University rather than the hiring organization or business. This is our commitment to helping our business community overcome challenges due to recent economic uncertainties. This internship will run May - Aug 2023.
Are you eligible for this position?
- Must be a current Boise State student, enrolled in classes, graduation date Aug 2023 or later
- Cannot exceed working 29 hours per week, this includes other on- campus employment
- Okay with $15/hour up to 160 hours
More information: https://www.boisestate.edu/cobe/community/bronco-corps/